Spagina

Transfer photo from Dropbox into

12 posts in this topic

Hello, I can't Download photo from my cloud storage Dropbox into Affinity photo. I  can open Dropbox, but I can see plane icons only and it is impossible to download an individual picture. There is only a mark that downloading is in the process but nothing happens.

Thaks for helping.

Spagina

Hi Spagina and Welcome to the Forums,

1st check the DropBox App is fully updated (along with Affinity).  Then in Affinity try the import from Cloud option and select Dropbox, if you still can't access them here.  What type of image files are they, JPG, RAW? Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you select Dropbox?

If the main Dropbox app can't access the files then i'd suggest reinstalling that App

Bonjour. Bonjour.

1) Enregistrez l'image dans Dropbox.

2) Ouvrez Dropbox et déplacez le pointeur sur l'image -> Cliquez sur "Copier le lien".

3) Collez le lien dans le corps du message.

4 créer une balise devant le lien " [ ] mettre img (entre les crochets.) À   la fin du lien [] mettre / img entre les crochets.

5) supprimer www et remplacer par dl.

6) supprimer "? Dl = 0" à la fin du lien.

Ne fais pas d'espace .

Si vous rencontrez des problèmes, je vais vous donner un petit conseil.

Pardon pour le mauvais anglais de traducteur.

Cordialement.

I have same issue. AP and Dropbox do not Interface for me. Just endless download symbol. Dropbox works with my other apps, just not AP.

On 13. 1. 2018 at 6:23 PM, stokerg said:

1st check the DropBox App is fully updated (along with Affinity).  Then in Affinity try the import from Cloud option and select Dropbox, if you still can't access them here.  What type of image files are they, JPG, RAW? Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you select Dropbox?

If the main Dropbox app can't access the files then i'd suggest reinstalling that App

On 13. 1. 2018 at 6:23 PM, stokerg said:

After reinstalling Dropbox it works. Thank´s for advice.

I have tried reinstalling Dropbox and still not working with AP beta. Tried JPEG, RAW and TIFF Files. Also can't import brushes or macros from Dropbox but move them to iCloud and they import as expected. In AP I have tried Open From Cloud, which presents the Files app. Navigate to Dropbox and folder with required file. Select file, endless download. Arghhhhh.....

The same file opens in ACDSee Pro and in BigPhoto, just not AF.

CC4D2B06-0418-414F-8754-1E1A8C1B33F4.png

1 hour ago, DM1 said:

I have tried reinstalling Dropbox and still not working with AP beta. Tried JPEG, RAW and TIFF Files. Also can't import brushes or macros from Dropbox but move them to iCloud and they import as expected. In AP I have tried Open From Cloud, which presents the Files app. Navigate to Dropbox and folder with required file. Select file, endless download. Arghhhhh.....

The same file opens in ACDSee Pro and in BigPhoto, just not AF.

CC4D2B06-0418-414F-8754-1E1A8C1B33F4.png

Hi, I am on the beginnig with AF app. So the first step to open JPEG from Dpropbox works. But how will works some other functions I don´t know. But I tried it on I pad only not on Desktop.

42 minutes ago, DM1 said:

Unfortunately I cannot even open a JPEG from Dropbox using AP on iPad:/ 

I had issues at 1st on my Personal iPad Pro but signed out and back into Dropbox and was able to get the downloads started.  But the on 1st try all downloads just stayed on Waiting to download.  Now it's completed the 1st download all others have started straight away.  Tested on 3 of the Office iPads Pros with Beta and Release version of Photo, all downloads from Dropbox happened instantly

Interesting. I opened Dropbox and reset the cache. Now I can Open in to AP from main Dropbox app. Tried Files app but still not working. Noticed that nothing stored on Dropbox would download to Files app, just endless spinning wheel. Searched Google, seems fairly common (issues between Files app and Dropbox), but no solutions offered. Powered off iPad and after restarting I could now use Files app to download files on Dropbox. Went into AP and used Open from Cloud, Files app appeared so selected a file on Dropbox and success! The file opened in AP. 

Perhaps a combination of clearing Dropbox app cache and powering off iPad to reset Files app. At least it is now working for me.:D

stokerg likes this

EDIT:

Solved. After hard-resetting my iPad, and starting Affinity again my Dropbox didn't show up in the list of Cloud Locations at all. Editing this list, and sliding the Dropbox option to On, solved the whole problem.

Dropbox is shown again in the Cloud List, and importing files works as well now.

OLD:

Same problem here.

I've deleted the Dropbox app from my iPad and reinstalled it. Newly logged in, and still, the files won't load from my Dropbox within Affinity (for iPad).

From iCoud Drive, Google Drive, One Drive and Adobe Creative Cloud, importing files is OK. Unfortunately, the files I work with are of course in Dropbox.. :-(