You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

53 minutes ago, Rovi said:

but cannot see thumbnails or previews.

Do you mean in Windows Explorer ?

I've a Canon 700D and see thumbnails and can preview the RAW file in Foto's

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

1 hour ago, Rovi said:

I can process RAW files from Canon 760D and 77D, but cannot see thumbnails or previews. Raw files from older Canons are OK.

Is there something that I can do or is this something to just wait for?

AP uses the OS' native file manager to preview images - I'm guessing you don't have codecs for the newer file formats.  Assuming you're on Windows, have a look at the FastPictureViewer codec pack

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

• 6 months later...

I haven't yet bought Affinity as my Canon 77D hasn't been added to the list of cameras for Windows. Also want to use my Sigma 18-300mm lens.

I had thought it took a while for new gear to be added to the Windows version & I'd have to wait a while?

Will the codec above solve the problem for the camera? What about the lens?

7 hours ago, juliep said:

I haven't yet bought Affinity as my Canon 77D hasn't been added to the list of cameras for Windows. Also want to use my Sigma 18-300mm lens.

I had thought it took a while for new gear to be added to the Windows version & I'd have to wait a while?

Will the codec above solve the problem for the camera? What about the lens?

I downloaded a 77D image from DPReview - I can see a preview in Windows, and AP handles it without any problems.  The codec doesn't have anything to do with the lens but I suppose you can make manual corrections if you need to - I never bother.

AP uses the Lensfun database  - I've no idea how / how often that's updated.  So far as I can see, AP handles 77D .CR2 files without any problems - "not supported" doesn't mean "doesn't work", it just means we don't formally know that it does work.  Posting this as a new question might get you a more definitive answer.  Downloading the free trial  is a good idea, but  don't start it until you know you've got 10 days free to actually try it out :)

Thanks Ian. Yes, think I will create a new thread so that the appropriate person sees it. Have looked at a few tutorials & so far it seems good. Guess it's a strange camera in that it's not a new version of long running series but for the light weight & size, it won me over! :-)