You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to retain the cropping/sizing of a Slice in the exported EPS file? I don't want the EPS to be cropped to the contents. I want a border around the vector when I export it.

Currently, the file is being exported without any size beyond what the EPS contains. So what's the point of being able to adjust the size of a slice? I hope there's a way to do this that I missed.

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi aekorps and Welcome to the Forums,

Can you list the steps or post a video of the process you are taking.

I just did a simple test by putting a square on the page at the size of 150px by 150px and then in the export persona set my slice to 220px by 220px and when i exported that slice, the eps file had my square in the middle and in mycase a transparent border around the edge of the shape, to the size of the slice i set.

FWIW, I did a few tests similar to what @stokerg mentioned, drawing out slices in the Export Persona to various sizes larger than several documents containing a variety of vector objects & text. In all tests the slice exported to an EPS file the size of the oversized slice.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7