You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Getting Started making textures

Kia ora

I just brought Affinity to use making texture mask etc for S2-Engine as the other software dose not make RGB 24bit png with an alpha channel.

I have loaded the colour map and made it black and white or grey scale but I'm now stuck trying to copy that image into the alpha channel of the mask image.

This image is to be a RGBA png with the grey-scale image in the alpha to form a Splat-map mask to filter terrain textures.

I'm not having any luck highlighting the alpha channel of my splat-map to paste the grey-scale image into that channel

Thanks in advance for any pointers

Kia ora

Not sure why somebody desided to make this so convoluted and difficult what I did was loaded both images

added an adjustment layer to the colour-map and made it black and white copied that trying to paste it into the alpha channel

of the image that needs it but no. I did find the channels videos on youtube and tired the last one on texture packing but that did not

seem to work either, maybe I take this to that tutorials thread. I did find that till after this posts. I have to sat to I was a tad peeved at buying

and having to wait till the next day to ask my question because of moderation. it meant I could not do anything about this for over 24 hours because of the time zone thing.

That said I understand the need to moderate. Would/could you please move this post into the

Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Video Tutorials (200+)

Where it maybe belongs do you think. James maybe my saving grace, I learn better by watching somebody do it than I do reading a text, such was my schooling days. or should I re-post my question there?

"shut up and listen while I tell you whats what" the old pedigogde schooling habit schools had

Edited by Kiwi-Hawk
left out the ending question

2 hours ago, Kiwi-Hawk said:

"shut up and listen while I tell you whats what"

(Very!) off-topic, I happened to come across a link to this YouTube clip just a couple of days ago: Harry Chapin - Flowers Are Red

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)