You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers Scroll Bar Blocks Checkboxes

I am working in Affinity Photo.  This problem is really starting to get to me so if someone could help I would be eternally grateful!  IF you have a long list of layers, and your scrolling along that list, when your mouse gets close to the "check box" on each layer,  the checkbox becomes mostly hidden by the scroll bar making it quite difficult to check the layer layer on/off.  I have attached a pic of the issue.  I do not recall this always being an issue.  Is there something I can do to correct this?  Many thanks for your help!  

SS.png

I had this. Very very verrrrry annoying.

R you on a mac?

If so, this "fix" might do the trick. (Worked for me.... but I'm not on High Sierra yet.)

You have to go to your computer's System Prefs. Not Affinity's prefs.

Go to Prefs > General > show scroll bars section.

With the Affinity Apps open check the option "always". Now your scroll bars will be next to the visibility check boxes and not on top of them.

But now, of course, you've changed how all your other scroll bars act system wide.... i.e. web browser etc.

So here's the trick (dare I say hack).

If you close down the Affinity apps and go back to the previous scroll setting... mine was "when scrolling" everything returns to the way it was... and how I wanted it.

Except for Affinity. When you reopen the programs they continue to use the "always" state. :)

6 hours ago, JimmyJack said:

I had this. Very very verrrrry annoying.

FWIW, this is not the only place the Affinity app Layers panel do not work properly with a Mac System Preference. Try turning on the "Increase contrast" option in the Accessibility section as shown below:

accessibilty.png.c146c0b666399b1101feb0b7a03fda2e.png

Now set the Affinity app to use the Dark UI & look at the disclosure triangles next to parent layers. If you get anything like I do, they change from relatively easy to see light grey to a very dark one that is very hard to see. I reported this as a bug long ago but nothing has been done to fix it. :(

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7