You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Restoring Screen Layout

When I start up Affinity Photo I now find that the background has become transparent with the photo (when loaded) in a black square in the centre and the vertical toolbar in another rectangle. The toolbar containing all the layer and brush settings is completely absent. If I pull and drag all of the different components, I can get it back to close to how I think that it should look, but if I then close it down, the next time I open the program everything is back to the first layout and I have to start sorting it out again.

How do I restore the default viewing settings to something more sensible?

I've also managed to do something that makes all the toolbars etc black and white rather than colour. Is this because I am working on a greyscale image? If not, how can I return to colour.

Is there any way of returning the screen appearance to default by just 1 command?

In Preferences, UN-check "monochrome icons"

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.