Sign in to follow this  
Carol W

Affinity issue with Topaz Studio

As a new user just learning Affinity Photo I think I have encountered a problem.  When I try to use the Plug In Topaz Studio, I get a message saying the "Transparency is Locked".  I can open the same file direct in Topaz Studio and also as a plug in from Photoshop Elements.  Any suggestions.  It isn't a real big deal right now because I still have a lot to learn in Affinity but I am fairly sure it was working correctly a few days ago.

Hi Carol W,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Seems this has started to happen after the last Topaz Studio update. Other users also have reported the same issue. I'm testing this here to see if i can replicate it and will fill a bug report in case i do. Thanks for the heads up/feedback.

Just to confirm this isseu with Topaz Studio v1.18.  Transparency locked.  As all Topaz plugins are transferring to Studio this is a serious issue.  They still run in PS.

Ian

Hi RobNJ,

I will raise this up again in the with the dev team and bump the log report. Topaz is clearly moving all plugins to inside Studio and none work anymore with Affinity as @Ian- have pointed out. I will try to find out if this is something we can fix on our end or if it's more complicated.

Hey, I am also a newbie in here.I just here for learning to you all. I know these people are very helpful.I hope, I learn so much from here.Thank you all for except me.Have a good day.Hope to see you soon.

The most recent version of Topaz Studio ( V 1.4.4), can be accessed from AP. Make a duplicate layer.. select "continue" from the pop-up. pictured below..and Studio will work.

2017-10-21 11_32_24-Affinity Photo.jpg

ETA.... I'm using AP on a Windows machine