You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't save as copy to Dropbox

I believe this is an issue in stable version as well, but it seems I can't save a copy to Dropbox, but I can to iCloud Drive. Doesn't matter what level in my Dropbox folder structure I try, it fails after like a second with the message attached. I've tried multiple files.

IMG_0006.PNG

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

Not sure how Dropbox would even know the file had layers, so it comes down to size and Dropbox is able to handle multi-gigabyte files with ease as I transfer video files all the time. Also I can copy .afphoto files with no issue to Dropbox using the desktop version of Affinity Photo, so again, the layer thing doesn't seem to hold water.

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

• Staff

Well the files I tested, that failed were all file types that contained layers. These were all over 100mb. The files that did go up were also over 100mb but did not contain layers. Perhaps Dropbox has an issue with certain file types being saved from our app. As far as I know we are using an API which is likely to work very different from using the Dropbox app or web browser, hence you being able to save bigger files.

I've reached out to development so I can actually give you a proper answer. I'll let you know once I hear from them.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.