You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher and print profiles?

I know it's a long time until the beta but i have to ask if there is a plan to use ICM and Joboption files for exporting PDF?

If so i'll kick out Indesign the same day the beta is available :)

It's always been the problem, you can make a PDF in all kinds of programs but in the end you need Acrobat Pro, Distiller or Indesign to export the PDF so the Magazine or printer service gets the PDF with the right profile and settings.

Most printers/magazines demand that you use their .ICM and .joboptions files.

This would put Publisher in a sweet spot and many would happily end their Adobe CC subscription. :wub:

Attached is screen shots of Indesign PDF Preset with a loaded Joboption from a magazine and the summary text file of it.

Cheers

post-575-0-31288800-1422266169_thumb.png

PDF Summary.txt

• 11 months later...

Hi MEB, is there a reason why Publisher has been pushed back by a year ? It has always been hinted that a beta would be released by the end of 2015 (not the end of 2016) and a final release in the first half of 2016 (not 2017).

I'm just curious as Publisher is the one app I am desperatly waiting for.

• 1 month later...