You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi mcorl,

Welcome to the forums.

Make sure you have the correct layer selected beforehand. With the Blemish and Healing Brush, you should only be seeing the crosshair showing the source and the brush showing where abouts it going to cover. Can you send me a screenshot of what you see on screen (circles,double circles, vectors.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I use this tool and there are circles, double circles and vectors showing up all over the place.  What are these for and what do they mean?

I have the same problem. I've set it up as in the tutorial (high freq off, low on); clicked on the plaster, chosen healing brush. I get a small black cross (looks like a plus sign) and a slightly larger white cross hair.  I alt slide my finger on the touch pad (macbook air, no mouse) to choose a source. Then I try to rub out a blemish. However I don't get a brush at all. Just the black and white crosses.

I have had some success getting the blemish removal to work though. 

• Staff

Hi kunmingjay,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The white cross may appear if you are using a small brush width (check the context toolbar) or if you have zoomed out so much that the brush circle can't be displayed because it's to small for that zoom factor.

Try to change the brush width. Does the circle appears for you?