You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Jørgen,

Welcome to the forums.

Using the Crop Tool, change the Mode to Custom Ratio, making sure the Units have been changed to Centimeters, you can now crop to the specified size. The Canon print plugin doesn't currently work with Affinity Photo, hopefully as development continues the plugin will be improved further.

Using the Crop Tool, change the Mode to Custom Ratio, making sure the Units have been changed to Centimeters, you can now crop to the specified size. 

This is something I have never got to work. There is no way I can crop to size. 

Thanks for your reply.

What you say is what I have found out by watching Video Tutorials.
But it does not work.
It is impossible to change to cm in Custom Ratio!
I can only write length and wide!
How do you change to cm ???
Thanks in advance.
Jorgen.

PS. There are no problems with printing, but Canon's pluin is more advanced.
NB. Mac. 10.11.6
Affinity 1.4.3 trial.

This is something I have never got to work. There is no way I can crop to size. 

To crop to a specific size, use the Absolute Dimensions mode of the AP Crop tool. This is (as far as I know) the only crop mode that lets you set dimensional units in the Context toolbar, so I am not sure what Lee meant about using Custom Ratio mode set to centimeters for this.

The important thing to remember about using the Absolute Dimensions mode is the dimensions you set in the Context toolbar will change if you drag on any of the eight control points in the crop box. If you want to avoid that, drag only within the crop box to reposition it or only outside the crop box (to rotate it without changing its dimensions).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi. 

That's for you help.

1 picture. Original photo. (Can you lock cm instead of pixels?)

2 picture. Crop selected in the desired size. then Apply
3 picture. Rezice document (to desired size) pressure rezice,( is it possible to lock this setting? Size, dpi and cm?)
Then everything is as it should be!
But, but it is very slow! is there an easier way, as in Photoshop CC or Elements?
I liked Affinity Photo, but I use the crop very much, this is too slow compared to Adobe!
I often have 50 pictures that must be 18x24cm 300dpi, but with different crops.
crop is my only problem to switch to affinity, instead of PhotoShop.
Hope you can help me???
Jörgen 
NB. Print I have solved, although I can not use Canon plugin.

post-49083-0-36903300-1484757671_thumb.pngpost-49083-0-81907700-1484757682_thumb.pngpost-49083-0-87659100-1484757695_thumb.pngHi. 

Thak's for you help.

1 picture. Original photo. (Can you lock cm instead of pixels?)

2 picture. Crop selected in the desired size. then Apply
3 picture. Rezice document (to desired size) pressure rezice,( is it possible to lock this setting? Size, dpi and cm?)
Then everything is as it should be!
But, but it is very slow! is there an easier way, as in Photoshop CC or Elements?
I liked Affinity Photo, but I use the crop very much, this is too slow compared to Adobe!
I often have 50 pictures that must be 18x24cm 300dpi, but with different crops.
crop is my only problem to switch to affinity, instead of PhotoShop.
Hope you can help me???
Jörgen 

NB. Print I have solved, although I can not use Canon plugin.