You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Lee

That well might be the case, but Lyn Browser for Mac has the same problem as does PS Elements. My point is, although I love APhoto, it is REALLY hard to manage lots of AP native file format photos in terms of 'proper' photo management - batch rename, batch scale, tag, keyword etc. I know I could bring in my photos from AP one at a time, work on them and then export them to a format readable by my photo browser. However, if I have several projects on the go at the same time, involving multiple photos in each one, life gets REALLY complicated.

If Mac Finder can read the native format but was not built specifically to do so as AP came out AFTER Finder, why can't other browsers? Isn't there a way Affinity could help so that other Browsers can read the native format. I know you are going to say its up to the browser producers to change their software - but that's at least four companies I have to persuade to change, whereas if Affinity could help, that's just ONE!

I wonder if the long promised Affinity DAM will read .psd, .dng, tiff, etc?

Cheers.....

This is something logical when using a new file format. All viewer like xnview and such will have to support this new file format.

Managing such files, and for compatibility wise at least at the beginning of adoption, is also why psd file support must be top notch.

intel i7-3930K - 32Go - SSDs | Dual screen | Running last customer beta

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 | nVidia GTX 680 - v376.33 | intuos 3 - v6.3.15-3