You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can the kind of PC you have affects how your UI designs previews on different sites or when peoples see it? So lets say if someone design a Visual UI with gradients + gradient background + neon shadows on a High-End PC, will it still look good on low-end PC or it does not matter on which PC you made it, aside from it looking better on your High End PC due of better capabilities?

Probably I already know the answer to this, but it is something I am trying to figure it for the UI's I have done so far. And I currently only have Dell Inspiron 15 (Which I am thankful for, if not I wouldn't be able to use Affinity Designer), but was wondering the weird graphic ish I get for gradients or blur etc. is related to the specs of my Laptop or is that a software issue?

Different monitors have different color gamuts. Really high end ones display most of the visible spectrum. Low end ones, down around 80% of sRGB, which is lesser than Adobe RGB. And they tend to have different biases. Some are more green than others.  Back when I started doing CG, less expensive monitors tended to be rather blue, just because the blue phosphor was cheaper, and the image would be brighter, but color shifted.

2 things to consider.

Most human light receptors are not for color, but B&W. If the composition works in B&W, it will probably work in color, tho' humans perceive different colors as having different  luminosities, so saturated blues appear darker than saturated yellows. That warps perception a bit.

Humans tend to auto balance color gamuts. Otherwise traditional paintings, and most printed material would look quite unnatural. If the image has a reasonable color balance, people tend to interpret the color space as spanning the spectrum.

Also, most contemporary computer displays are more similar than various inks and dyes used in prints. Transferring a monitor image to paper can lead to completely strange results.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Something else to consider about how things look on web sites is different browsers render images differently. Some ignore any ICC color profile embedded in the image & use a system or app default profile instead. They may render images at different than the original size, at a different color depth, or sometimes not at all, depending on the features the browser & system support, & any applicable user settings.

A web page is not like a document file. To oversimplify a bit, it is just a collection of elements & suggestions for how to assemble them into a viewable page, but there is no guarantee all those suggestions will be followed.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7