You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A new dragon

Kathrin

Cute!

(Remember that you can change the color of the shadow FX. What would the yellow areas look like if the shadow was a purplish color [yellow's complement] or a darker green than the dragon's body [a "reflective shadow" so to speak]?

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

I like the new color scheme. :) Then I've always been a sucker for Purple/green/yellow combos, mostly because of reading so many comics. 

As far as "Shadow FX" goes, I use FX when I should've said "Effects." Either the Inner or outer shadow FX (couldn't tell which one you've used, looks like both). It's in the Effects Panel. There's a colour chip there that you can click on to display a colour chooser. The colour chooser has a noise option, that can create some pretty neat looks, especially when combined with a Gaussian Blur effect. So you could have one "look" for the yellow scales on the Dragon's belly and another for the wings. Hope that clears things up, if not, ask away. 

If you want to see what I mean, either message me with a copy of the AD file or post it here and I'll do some voodoo on it and repost the alterations.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Thanks a lot, Yes I tried the effects and worked a little bit with the blurring.

I do a lot of research - looking for other dragon paintings, the comic look I like most.

But I often have the problem with using the paths. I like open paths, but then I have the problem with colorfilling. It looks not ready. Then I create some layers down the paths, but the matching (path-colorfill) is not accurate.

Hm, I think I have to learn a lot and do some training.

I like the original dragon in its greens and yellows, the shading is nice as it gives it a nice gentle 3d effect, especially on his arms. I think you will refine your shadows and shading as you work and it's important that you keep your own style whilst learning all these new techniques.  :)

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album