You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Today is the great big important day. Adobe has released Experience Design (XD) for Windows. I downloaded it and boy is this a tool or a toy? Seriously. This little tool is so limited I cannot believe how limited it is. At the beginning of the year I thought "Wow, XD will be a revolution". Today I know, XD is not a revolution, but Affinity Designer IS.

Sorry Adobe, but I just had to share my disappointment about this tool that's been hyped so much... 

What are your thoughts?

Can't believe this comments, really. Completely useless to discuss this here.

Did you really try to use this prototyping tool? Never!

Did you gather the corresponding infos? Never!

Just one tiny look At this: https://youtu.be/yNnCvKxv4Ag

Or: Better not! Keep alive you prejudices!

I really like the Affinity apps! But threads like this are simply ridiculous!

• 1 month later...

Today is the great big important day. Adobe has released Experience Design (XD) for Windows. I downloaded it and boy is this a tool or a toy? Seriously. This little tool is so limited I cannot believe how limited it is. At the beginning of the year I thought "Wow, XD will be a revolution". Today I know, XD is not a revolution, but Affinity Designer IS.

Sorry Adobe, but I just had to share my disappointment about this tool that's been hyped so much... 

What are your thoughts?

Hello wiredframe

I haven't tried XD because of windows 8. Can you tell me in detail why you actually hate it?

The demo seems excellent. 

I love affinity designer but i can't use it for professional ui/ux work. I mean i can make a great design and enjoy it.

But clients want PSD :(. And there is no alternative way to give them measurements like maybe integration with zeplin etc yet.

Lack of prototyping features and plugins may eventually lead me to use XD (UI/UX) and Affinity (Icon and Illustrations).

I heard they will add these features. But i can't stop working till then. 

I would love to hear your analysis on why xd is like a toy.

Personally only thing i hate about Adobe is the price. I used to hate the fact they were lacking behind compared to sketch but they are improving.

Thank you.

Follow me: Instagram | Dribbble