You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it possible to create multiple levels layers?

I often use multiple levels layers that are masked off differently in Photoshop. When I try this in Affinity, it simply reverts me back to the first levels layer I created. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong? Won't let me create a second levels layer. It is also a problem with other layers, such as curves.

Hi hedrickbk

You should be able to add as many levels adjustment layers as you wish. Going to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Levels should add a new instance. You can also use the pop up menu on the layers panel. Depending on what you have selected it may add as a child instead of a separate layer but it's simple to drag it out if needed. Is this not what you are seeing? If not are you able to provide any images or video of what you are experiencing?

Thanks 

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I've just checked. It lets me add adjustment layers. You need to be in a pixel layer first of all, and then hit the tiny icon in the layers panel, one that is a circle with a diagonal in the middle. I tested adding a levels adjustment layer and a curves one. It's working. Importing a PSD with its adjustment layers is something that... I wouldn't expect doing in most applications (other than the ones from the same company). Native formats are a pain, and often the developers need to almost reverse engineer or "guess" how to import very native features, when the source application is not from the same company. But this last bit would be only my very personal opinion, from my experience (of having used lots of applications and needing doing quite some porting, seeing how many apps can't import native features from another apps. Indeed, what i am seeing is that AP does import a large number of features of a number of software tools...).

Edit: Yet though, from what I read, it works for quite some people... Maybe could be related to certain version of Photoshop only? In any case, imo best route is checking if you are doing it as expected in the manual, the help documentation. 

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.