You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No pressure sensitivity

Hey,

First of all, I welcome Affinity Photo on Windows with open arms. I've been waiting for it for so long and have been eager to make the switch from Photoshop.

I have however, noticed a couple of problems from the get go. The first being that pressure sensitivity doesn't seem to be working for me (I'm using  Huion tablet) but I'm not sure if it's due to my tablet not being supported or if I am missing some setting for it. Does anyone have any advice to get this working?

The second is something I have seen mentioned here already, and that is the aliasing on brush strokes looks really bad. I expect this is just a bug. Does the Mac version have the same aliasing problems?

Cheers!

Hi Wargasmic,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

[EDITED ] The pressure on Affinity Photo is controlled by the Brushe's attributes. Some already have it set others don't.

Alternatively you can also enable the Force Pressure button in the context toolbar (after the More button).

Thanks MEB, pressure is now working:)

I'm using a Wacom tablet and the Force Pressure button doesn't seem to do anything. How can I control size or flow with pressure? I'm coming from PhotoPlus and it has a very convenient "Pressure Studio" feature how do I get the same adjust-ability in Affinity?

the only thing I have found is in the "more" button, the "dynamic" tab, besides the sliders, once you set a setting to be "pressure" controlled, you can then change the pressure curve of each setting isolated! Which is indeed rather advanced, not very common. Just hitting the square with a diagonal inside (is just flat graph from default).

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

the only thing I have found is in the "more" button, the "dynamic" tab, besides the sliders, once you set a setting to be "pressure" controlled, you can then change the pressure curve of each setting isolated! Which is indeed rather advanced, not very common. Just hitting the square with a diagonal inside (is just flat graph from default).

This does indeed make it pressure sensitive. It's not intuitive to use and it resets your brush settings. It's the little icon next to the brushes pallet that allows you to make quite a few adjustments, but you have to do it to every single brush you use, what a mega pain. I miss the tablet studio of PhotoPlus.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.