You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD/AP on Windows + (live) stream

This concerns (live) streaming only, so not recording

--

Ok so what 'thing' exactly does AD and AP use that somehow disables streaming the canvas? OpenGL, DirectX, I'm not really familiair with how these work and all, just that they are related to displaying graphics.

With OBS, I can only capture the UI, so pretty much anything except the canvas. With XSplit however, I can capture everything, but the free version limits the resolution.

When I know what Affinity is using, I can take that to the OBS forum and maybe they have a plugin for that thing, and solve this.

--

If anybody else reading this and know of that 'thing' I need, please by all means, give me a push in the right direction xD

• Staff

Hi Ambiroa,

I have been able to use OBS to stream Affinity a few times in the past but I haven't tried on Windows yet!  :) What kind of Source are you using for your Scene?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi ambiroa, I've recorded all of the more recent Photo videos using OBS, including the Windows beta preview one (https://vimeo.com/190854361). Can't say I've had any issues. Which encoder are you using, x264? I tend to use Apple VT Hardware encoder (macOS) or NVENC (Windows) as I capture at 60fps, and even with an ultrafast preset, x264 is too CPU-intensive to encode at 1620p 60fps.

I just use a Display Capture source, are you trying to use a window capture?

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

Hi Ambiroa,

I have been able to use OBS to stream Affinity a few times in the past but I haven't tried on Windows yet!  :) What kind of Source are you using for your Scene?

Thanks

C

I want to use Window Capture to isolate the stream to that particular window. According to the OBS forum, the latest build now supports DirectX11 on Game Capture, which could solve the issue, I managed to capture using game, but still no canvas, just the UI. (with XSplit, Window Capture works perfectly, but the free version limits to 720p)

Hi ambiroa, I've recorded all of the more recent Photo videos using OBS, including the Windows beta preview one (https://vimeo.com/190854361). Can't say I've had any issues. Which encoder are you using, x264? I tend to use Apple VT Hardware encoder (macOS) or NVENC (Windows) as I capture at 60fps, and even with an ultrafast preset, x264 is too CPU-intensive to encode at 1620p 60fps.

I just use a Display Capture source, are you trying to use a window capture?

Hi, as mentioned in the first line, this concerns stream only.

Yes, I'm trying to avoid using Display Capture, as I don't have a dedicated stream pc, and have a bunch of things open for myself, not to share publicly ;-)

• Staff

Hi Ambiroa,

That is quite strange it worked for me on Mac when I last tried using Window Capture please give me some time to test this for you :) Are streaming to Twitch or is it another website?

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Ambiroa,

That is quite strange it worked for me on Mac when I last tried using Window Capture please give me some time to test this for you :) Are streaming to Twitch or is it another website?

C

Twitch, but the preview already shows no canvas.

I think some people had similar issues with Photoshop, but that turned out just fine. So I have really no clue why the hook doesn't work on Affinity.