You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows Beta finally stable enough for me to finish a project

diopside

Finished this last night. This is the first project I've ever done entirely in Affinity. I always found digital illustration either super tedious or super intimidating before discovering Affinity. Affinity is the first program I've found that streamlined the illustration/design workflow enough that it seemed like I was finally doing more actual creating than tedious searching for a button/option/key. Interesting to note that Ableton Live was the exact same way for me with music. Great job Affinity Team. Thanks for bringing this to Windows :)

vegepedia_by_diopsidedesign-danqga9.png

Thankee. This is the first time i've ever attempted doing any sort of highlights or shadows on a digital piece. I've got a long way to go... probably gonna keep working on this one until I figure out how to get more depth and contour on the shapes rather than having them all look fairly flat but bezeled.

Awesome!

+1 that Affinity is less intimidating and actually inviting to explore and experiment. I'm really bummed that it can't be streamed live because the use of OpenGL or Direct3D, or one of those things that blocks the capture. I can record it, but I like to instantly react on viewers requests by showing it to them on the canvas.