Welcome screen

New Document

Ok

Rectangle Tool, drawing a rectangle

Goto Navigator

Using slider: zoom in,  out, in, out 

Crash

Last zoom value before crash was 350%. 

"An Unhandled Exception has occurred and the application cannot continue. The Crash Reference dialogue will be displayed when the application is restarted. Code: 0xC0000005"

Crash comes when zooming in Navigator. 

I have just reproduced it threetimes.

Just:

New Document, OK

Rectangle Tool, making a rectangle, remains selected.

Then I go to Navigator slider and sometimes ahter the first zoom-in- zoom- sequence came the crash.

The document is not yet saved...

But that is not important, because now I opened an image (jpg) and the first zoom attempt crashed.

• Staff

Hi psvancara,

I've just tried it on my colleagues Windows 7 machine but it still won't crash. I'll ask him to try when he gets in. I'm wondering if it might be something specific to the machine you are on, not necessarily the OS.

Can you send me your Affinity AppData folder please? Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R

- In the Run box, type - %appdata%

- You will see an Affinity folder. Can you copy this and zip it up and send it to me.

Thanks

• Staff

Hey psvancara,

Thanks for sending that over. It doesn't seem to be the AppData folder causing the issue as we still cannot reproduce it. I've tried on a Windows 10 machine and my colleague has been trying on his Windows 7 machine.

My CPU in Task Manager is sitting at 3% when idle however when I drag the slider it shoots to about 9% and with a big document it caps out around 20% so I can't imagine it's a performance issue either.

Now that we have a copy of your AppData folder, could you try doing a ctrl runup. Please close the app, hold Ctrl and open the app. When you see the dialog appear, check everything and click Clear. This will reset the app back to defaults but you can restore anything with that AppData folder you sent me.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.