You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Quick Question about assigning Shortcut Keys

Is there a way to set shortcut keys for the node tool actions (convert: sharp, smooth, smart, action: close curve etc.)

In the shortcut setup there is a section for the node tool, but it only has the break and join curve operations there.

I'd normally assume it was impossible but having those two there makes it look like the rest are meant to be and just haven't been added yet? Or is the way to do so elsewhere and I just haven't stumbled across it yet?

I'm enjoying using the program more and more but having to click every time I want to convert a node is kind of jarring.

Agree with that, fully customizable hotkeys for everything would be awesome.

I see right now hotkeys are the same as for the rest of major design apps(adobe, etc), which is awesome, just would be nice to reassign some of them for me personally.

Just wanted to write about that by myself, but Lxx went ahead ;)

Thank you - I had no idea which forum it belonged in.

They don't need preset shortcuts or anything, but having the ability to bind any command to a key is very much appreciated. So far as I know all the menus and tools have them; it's just some of the tool context menus and those commands get used a ton.

This sounds more like a feature request as opposed to a bug as we are definitely missing that functionality. I think it would be a good addition though.

I'm moving this to the Feature Requests. Thanks guys. 

Thank you  Chris B  hope they can do this feature