You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Beta for Windows is "Trial"?

• Staff

Each build of the beta has its own 'drop-dead date' built in that it will never run past. There will always be another beta build way before the current build's expiry date so that should not be a concern. When the software is ready for release, the Beta builds will cease to function around that date as you will be able to just buy the released software if you are happy with it. The release date will obviously be preceded by a couple of weeks of builds with a 'release candidate' status, rather than beta status.

Hope this answers your question :)

Matt

• Staff

Hello jorgedorlando,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Designer is available as a public Beta, not as a trial. A trial version uses the same code as the commercial (final) version.

Currently Affinity Designer is still in Beta, which means is still in development. We have made it public as such so it can be tested in various computer configs to help discover and fix any problems/issues that may arise. It's also a way for users try/experiment the program and its funcionality and give us feedback while it's still being developed if they are willing to do so. You can download and install the Beta for free until the final (commercial) version is released in a couple months (there's no ETA for this). After that you will have to purchase a license to continue using the software.

The beta will last until the full 1.5 version is available. 1.5 will come as a trial version - 30 days I believe - if you don't buy straight away.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Hi Ken,

I believe the trial will have the same time limit as the Mac version (10 days).

Okay, thanks. I wonder why I thought it was 30? Perhaps I was thinking of some other software.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Hello jorgedorlando,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Designer is available as a public Beta, not as a trial. A trial version uses the same code as the commercial (final) version.

Currently Affinity Designer is still in Beta, which means is still in development. We have made it public as such so it can be tested in various computer configs to help discover and fix any problems/issues that may arise. It's also a way for users try/experiment the program and its funcionality and give us feedback while it's still being developed if they are willing to do so. You can download and install the Beta for free until the final (commercial) version is released in a couple months (there's no ETA for this). After that you will have to purchase a license to continue using the software.

Thanks for explain and if that means that can I use Beta version in commercial use? In my company on my desktop? It's totally free until you relese final version and can I use it in my work without any license problem? 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.