You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug with Titillium typeface

Hi, I have run into u problem with Titilium font family.

The font is free for download here: https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Titillium

Titillium works just fine on the same mackbook pro in Pages, Indesign C6 and others, the bug is related just to Affinity Designer 1.5 beta 3. Haven't tried in older versions.

There are actually two issues with the family:

1) not all options are listed in font dropdown.

I see thin, thin italic, thin upright, but only BOLD is listed instead of BOLD, BOLD ITALIC, BOLD UPRIGHT

2) designer is messing with Titillium typefaces

for example with thin version: when thin and thin upright are selected, designer use some italic version (not thin), thin regular is used when thin italic is selected. Quite messy. 

I have originally thought this would be related to some bug in font, but it works just fine everywhere except to designer :-/

Ahoj Bauke,

Yes, my OSX language is Czech.

And again: Yes, context toolbar typography section looks and works differently from typography palette! So, it is not bug, it's BUG!

Typography palette is more accurate, typefaces works correctly, but some are missing a well.

Thanks for pointing this out, it encourage me to finish the job in Designer :-)

I hope that essential typography tool will be fixed soon. It is quite irritating.

lexislav

post-1445-0-54016700-1468318798_thumb.png

post-1445-0-35413300-1468318817_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the issue with the Titilium font is fixed with the latest beta, is it not?

I just checked and it looks like everything is (still) working as it should. I think this was fixed a few beta's ago.

I believe the issue with the Titilium font is fixed with the latest beta, is it not?

Yes, the font is working. Only issue is, that fontfaces may not be in proper order – see Regular Upright before black.

post-1445-0-09458000-1470668193_thumb.png

Dont know if this is Affinity problem or something wrong with font files.

post-1445-0-09458000-1470668193_thumb.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.