OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1040
  Additional Information 1: 7ccb
  Additional Information 2: 7ccb2fa98342573c8a26d5624a3b51e6
  Additional Information 3: 190f
  Additional Information 4: 190f20a13b45e928ac5633f14be8f0f1

• Staff

Hi Aurex,

Can you try downloading the new 1.5.0.5 build and let me know if that works?

We fixed some issues with crashes on run up so hopefully that has resolved your issue

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I found that is still not working.

Don't know what is the case of it.

At first I thought it might be due to Windows with polish langauge (its show User folder as Użytkownicy), so I changed langauge of display elements to english, but still got same error while tried to open AD... Also I unistaled AD and restarted PC couple of times. Tried to instal app in other destination than is by default and this too didn't solve it.

On second device (but with Windows 10, one with error runs with on Windows 7) everything runs fine. After back from work I will try to instal build 0.5.

I even tried to fix dll's but its went to nothing.

Any other sugestion how to fix it? 

• Staff

I'm suspecting it is a dependency that our prereq installer failed to update, I would advise for the next step to uninstall and reinstall the .NET Framework (4.5.2) and C++ Redist.

Unfortunately I can't for the life of me download from that site, it just keeps looping and asking for the security question, if you could attach that file it may be useful, thanks!

After it crashes, if you can go to %appdata%\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports and let me know if you have a crash report in there, and if so attach it that would also be useful

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I install .net and c++ manually at first, when it failed during instaling by your installer.

I uploaded file there. Didn't found this option before :)

As I mentioned in other topic, I didn't have this kind of folder (serif one) on Windows 7:  %appdata%\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports

Designer.zip

Ok, tried one more time reinstall and install everything manually (c++ redi and net framework) and I think I know where is problem.

.Net installed fine, but while trying to instal c++ redi at the end it gives error

One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Pleas fix the issues and then retry setup. For more information see the log file.

0x80004005 - Unspecified error

I attached file with error. I hope now we can find something to fix it :)

error.txt

• Staff

It's failing to install KB2999226 which appears to be a common issue which is not easy to resolve. This article gives some info. First step may be downloading KB2999226 independently and attempting to install that. If it is already installed I would uninstall and reinstall also.

Also reboot yor PC a couple of times before and after doing any installations to make sure any pending installations are cleared.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.