You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RWL-files from Leica V-Lux (Typ 114)

• Staff

Hi Hansjörg

I've been able to open a RWL file from a Leica V-Lux (Typ 114) - however the file type is not listed, so I had to first do a *.rwl wildcard search. If you do this you should be able to see your file and open it. (I used the RAW samples from here). If you find that this still doesn't work for you please attach a RWL that is failing and I will look into it.

In the meantime I will report the RWL format being missing from the list of file formats.

Are you able to attach (or PM a link) to the DNG file that is crashing for you please?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

sorry but i don't use any cloud storage, but the RWL-files from photographyblog.com are not supported also, there comes a message: The file type is not supported.

Please download a RWL-file from this side and try to open it....no chance.

Hansjörg Heim

• Staff

Hi Hansjörg,

As I previously said by default RWL files do not display (because RWL file format is not in the list which is with the devs), instead you have to type *.rwl in the open dialog first and then select your RWL file. I have used the RWL files in the from Photographyblog.com as I originally linked to in my first post and they open for me without a problem.

What I'm most concerned about is the crash you are getting with the converted DNG. I understand you do not use cloud-based services however WeTransfer doesn't require you to sign up or input any personal information so if you could upload there that would be great, alternatively send me a PM and i'll drop you my email address to send the DNG file too.

Thanks

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.