You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Combining Shapes

Looks like a fill mode issue to me. In DP we could choose either a winding or alternate fill on the right click menu. Alternate (the default) would produce this type of fill, Winding mode would usually sort this kind of thing out. I don't see anything in AD that suggests these differrent fill modes are available at the moment - one for the suggestion box?

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

• Staff

Just a quick update on this - if I select the 'Curve' object inside the compound and select its nodes and convert them to smooth nodes (rather than smart nodes) it seems to work just fine for me... I'm wondering if there is a problem when the nodes are 'smart' nodes... I'll look into it, but in the meantime, I'd be interested to know if things act more predictably if you convert them to 'smooth' nodes?

Thanks!

Matt

Looks like a fill mode issue to me. In DP we could choose either a winding or alternate fill on the right click menu. Alternate (the default) would produce this type of fill, Winding mode would usually sort this kind of thing out. I don't see anything in AD that suggests these differrent fill modes are available at the moment - one for the suggestion box?

Fill modes should be available in the main menu Layer > Fill Mode. That's where they are for Mac; if Windows is different that would be a bug.

Fill modes should be available in the main menu Layer > Fill Mode. That's where they are for Mac; if Windows is different that would be a bug.

Thanks Dave - I'd missed it being on the main menu completely (so used to seeing it on the right click menu in DP).

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Another strange behavior is that when moving the curve sometime the curve outline and the actual curve (Can't explain it better) as seen below between wireframe and redcolour are completely different, should play again with other point tanget for both of them to match again.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.