flier.

pioneer

My latest attempt at an in house flier for a BBQ. Have yet to add in a Vegan option.

BBQ2 ..png

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.5.5 for Windows • Windows 11 24H2 (OS build 26 100. 2033) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.5.5 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.7

A couple of small points, "BEER" doesn't line up with "FOOD" and "MUSIC", and "PRESENTS" is off centre, with an extra star on the left. 

The only queries I would have are, does the £15 include any food and/or drink, or is it just an entrance fee, also, what type of music, live, disco, pop, rock, country, folk etc? Of course, it may be that, being a club event, members would already be aware of what is included.

But, (apart from my nit picking,) it looks good! 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

For me, none of the ‘stars and lines’ motifs seems to be ‘internally’ aligned/distributed nicely.

Also, the stars and dashes next to “BARBECUE” don’t seem to be properly aligned/distributed (and are the stars supposed to have black outlines?).

I’m not sure how the red at the bottom will come out when printed against that ‘wood’ background, but a quick test should tell you whether it works or not.

Could the contact details at the bottom be more ‘spaced out’ in some way, or something like that, just to fill the space a bit more?

Could “SOFT DRINKS” be added to “FOOD”, “MUSIC” and “BEER”? Just to remove some space and say that it’s not just beer? (What about other alcoholic drinks other than beer?)

Given that it’s in Britain, is there any provision for a rainy evening? (Do people need to bring brollies and wellies?)

Having said all of that, it’s definitely eye-catching.

1 hour ago, PaulEC said:

A couple of small points, "BEER" doesn't line up with "FOOD" and "MUSIC", and "PRESENTS" is off centre, with an extra star on the left. 

The only queries I would have are, does the £15 include any food and/or drink, or is it just an entrance fee, also, what type of music, live, disco, pop, rock, country, folk etc? Of course, it may be that, being a club event, members would already be aware of what is included.

But, (apart from my nit picking,) it looks good! 

Fair do's, BEER orientation now resolved. PRESENTS location is deliberate.  £15 is for entry and food.  I would never consider in "nit Picking", constructive criticism is always welcome.  Cheers for feedback

Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.5.5 for Windows • Windows 11 24H2 (OS build 26 100. 2033) Home

@GaryP With thanks for your feedback.  It's a joint inside/outside event, BBQ will have a large gazebo if needed.  Have addressed some of your observations, will be printed 1 A3 copy on Colour A3 laser, 10 A5 printed 2 up on A4(for double sided table Perspex advert inserts) 1 A5 PDF for member email distribution.

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

Could the contact details at the bottom be more ‘spaced out’ in some way, or something like that, just to fill the space a bit more?

The name of the club includes the word ‘Indoor’, which is currently missing, so that would take up a little bit of extra space! The word ‘club’ should have a capital C.

’For details phone…..’ looks slightly odd. I think I would do either ‘For details: Phone 020 [etc]’ or ‘Phone 020 [etc] for details’.

Most of the red and black stars a regular, the others are all squashed horizontally (or stretched vertically). The Apex Catering logo includes a tiny yellow star whose raison d’être is unclear.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.5.1 (iPad 7th gen)

54 minutes ago, Alfred said:

The Apex Catering logo includes a tiny yellow star

I'm not seeing this.  Whereabouts is it?

7 minutes ago, pioneer said:

I'm not seeing this.  Whereabouts is it?

IMG_3030.jpeg.754be7920b7d2360648960866ffe2abb.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.5.1 (iPad 7th gen)

@Alfred Thanks for highlighting this error.  It's no wonder I could not see it, it's really blown up to expose it, Ha ha.  Have now overpainted with white