You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apub 2 doc resize -objects not rescaling?

How do I get Document Setup resize scaling to rescale objects on single pages? Scaling on leaves objects where they were before page resize. 

• Select File > Document Setup (Designer) or File > Spread Setup (Publisher).
  • On the Dimensions tab, enable Objects Will Rescale, then change the page Dimensions in the width and height boxes.

Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 12.52.53 PM.png

In the Document Setup dialog (File > Document Setup):

1. In the Scaling tab, set Position to Rescale
  2. Select the appropriate option depending on what you want to resize: Whole Document, Selected Masters, or Selected Spreads
  3. If resizing individual Masters or Pages, select the masters/page to resize

Alternatively, right-click the page in the Pages panel and select Spread properties.

Windows 10 22H2, 32GB RAM | Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 (MSI/EXE)

17 hours ago, kat said:

same result as what I did, @Brian_J. No objects snapped to new margins in resized; see after resizing and before resizing screenshots.

I’m not sure why there is a slight variation between the position of objects relative to margins in the original and resized documents. Without knowing the margin settings and doing some calculating, it’s hard to say what the deal is.

It looks like objects are only slightly out of position. Can you just reposition objects so they’re aligned to the margin, or is there a larger issue at play?

If you can provide details of the original and resized documents (page size, DPI, and margin settings), it would help someone look into it. Even better would be to upload the original and resized files (or example files exhibiting the issue).

1. The original size was  8 x 10.5 in, margins .5 in.
  2. I changed the size to 8.5x11 margins .5 in.
  3. My understanding was rescaling would snap objects to the new margin.
  4. New size adds .5 interior space more than previously.
  5. Without resizing snapping objects to new margins I will have to go thru and snap all objects, a hair away from margins, on all pages to new margins.

1 hour ago, kat said:

My understanding was rescaling would snap objects to the new margin.

Objects rescale relative to the page; snapping is not involved. As @Return mentioned, margins aren’t affected when editing document dimensions so margin values remain unchanged, i.e., they aren’t rescaled.

The objects in your document will have to be manually repositioned if you want them aligned to the margins.