You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fields lose focus after switching docs which cause change to activated doc

1. Open two documents, type a few words in each
  2. Switch to doc A and select the text
  3. Switch to doc B and type 72 into the Context Toolbar's Font Size field but don't press Tab or Return
  4. Switch back to doc A - its selected text will now be 72

Another example with the Fields panel:

1. Open two documents, set doc A to have a title of A and doc B to have a title of B
  2. In doc A, click in the Title field so it has focus
  3. Without pressing Tab or Return, switch to doc B - the field will lose focus after doc B is activated, leading to the Title value for B to be set to that of A

I was copying a few metadata fields between documents so I'd select the value in one and then go to copy it into the other only to find it was already there. I thought the panel wasn't refreshing until I figured out what was happening.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

I can confirm this bug.

...although in your use case it could have been a feature rather than a bug... 😆

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);