You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff
1 minute ago, MikeTO said:

One minor glitch. The Character and Paragraph panel contents like to scroll horizontally even though they shouldn't, whether or not there is a vertical scrollbar. This doesn't happen with Text Styles or Section Manager.

Screen Recording 2024-04-25 at 10.17.22 AM.mov 13.82 MB · 0 downloads  

I believe this only happens using Magic Mice/Trackpads with a pan gesture. I believe this is something logged - as far as I know its not new to the 2.5.0. I'll double check and get this logged

You can no longer set a tab to 0 using the popup window, although you can set other values. But you can still set it to 0 in the main panel area.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• Staff
2 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

You can no longer set a tab to 0 using the popup window, although you can set other values. But you can still set it to 0 in the main panel area.

Screen Recording 2024-04-25 at 10.26.18 AM.mov 16.95 MB · 0 downloads  

It is possible to do, however what you cannot do is set the tab (from that pop out) to a value lower than the one that precedes it. This for me is the same behaviour as 2.4.2

Hi @Sean P,

23 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Thank you so much for these! I've spent a long time going through the TSE, so its really appreciated having some more eyes on it! Just so you're aware I'm making my way though this list, so I'm not ignoring you - you'll likely see a load of reports incoming early tomorrow! 

No problem, I'm sure there will be a few I've missed so interested to see what you spot... :) 

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2430)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

@Sean P I could have written that better. In 2.4.2, you can set a stop to 0 from right in the popup. In the beta, you can't set a stop to 0 from right in the popup if there's a tab that precedes it. The preceding part shouldn't affect tabs being set from right.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• Staff
3 hours ago, Hangman said:

Naming Conventions

• The Text Style Editor panel uses 'Title Case' for each 'Panel name heading' but 'Sentence case' for 'Style' and 'Subcategory' names in each section. The Studio panels use 'Title Case' throughout...

I'm not entirely sure which bits you're referring to here - do you mind throwing some screenshots up please?

Text Style Editor Panel Tab Name | Studio Panel Tab Name

• Colour & Decorations | Decorations
  • Position & Transform | Position and Transform
  • Bullets & Numbering | Bullets and Numbering
  • Flow | Flow Options

Colour & Decorations name I believe is because it covers both text colours and the options found in decorations - essentially two sections of the Character Panel merged into one section of the TSE. However I have logged it with the other options to query.

Variants

• The minus button to remove 'Stylistic' sets suffers from a delay unlike the plus button to add them..

This is a weird Monterey issue - I can only reproduce on that, however dragging the TSE will cause it to update and show up.

Optical Alignment

• Selecting 'Type: Font' shows all options greyed out so it is only possible to edit values when 'Type: Manual' is selected

This is intentional - it uses the font's optical alignment values, and so ignores the table.

Initial Words

• The Rest end characters' ⨂ button is greyed out when 'Enabled' is checked and only a single 'end character' appears in the text entry field
  • The Rest end characters' ⨂ button doesn't remove 'end characters' from the text entry field

Decorations

• With Enabled checked' Decoration 1 is initially greyed out until Decoration 2 is added
  • Using the 'Minus' button it is possible to remove all decorations leaving the 'Plus' disabled which means the 'Enable' checkbox has to be clicked three times to re-enable the 'Plus' button and allow Decorations to be added.

I think most of these should be fixed in the upcoming build. The only one that probably isn't is the Using Minus Button not allowing you to Add one, which I did notice when checking fixes for the other issues.

General Alignment issues...

I'll run these past development first to see what can be done.

• Staff

An issue raised in this thread ("Text Style Editor: Reset Keyboard Shortcut button is inconsistent with Initial Words reset button") has now been reported to the developers by the testing team (Ref: AF-2854). Thank you very much for reporting this issue to us.

• Staff

An issue raised in this thread ("Text Style Editor: Slight difference between Position & Transform ordering compared to Paragraph Panel") has now been reported to the developers by the testing team (Ref: AF-2856). Thank you very much for reporting this issue to us.

• Staff

An issue raised in this thread ("Text Style Editor: No real-time update to text on the page when the Leading value is updated") has now been reported to the developers by the testing team (Ref: AF-2859). Thank you very much for reporting this issue to us.

• Staff

An issue raised in this thread ("Text Style Editor: Style Settings background colour doesn't respond to UI Style on macOS") has now been reported to the developers by the testing team (Ref: AF-2862). Thank you very much for reporting this issue to us.

• Staff

Just a note -I'm going to lock this thread as it has become slightly unwieldy and likely very spammy! Do you mind reporting any new issues to their own threads please?

Really do appreciate all the comments however. There are a few more that I will likely reply to/split into their own threads!

• Staff

An issue raised in this thread ("Setting a Tab Stop using 'From right' still checks the left tab stop for the minimum value it can be set to.") has now been reported to the developers by the testing team (Ref: AF-2899). Thank you very much for reporting this issue to us.

• Staff

The issue "[macOS] Bullets & Numbering Name entry box background is grey" (REF: AF-2917) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2430".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.

• Staff

The issue "[macOS] Text Style Editor: Style Name entry box background is grey" (REF: AF-2916) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2430".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.

• Staff

The issue "[macOS] Text Style Editor: Style Settings background colour doesn't respond to UI Style on macOS" (REF: AF-2862) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2430".

• Staff

The issue "[Win] Text Style Editor: Style Name entry box background is grey" (REF: AF-2861) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2430".