You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 2 not showing imported ICC profiles when trying to convert an image profile

I have installed a couple of ICC print profiles to my Mac (running OS Monterey). They are available in the drop down menu when I export a pdf in APub 2 (so they are in the system) but are not visible options when I try to convert an image's profile in APhoto 2. Yet the profiles are visible when I select 'apply a new adjustment layer' and then 'soft proof'. However, when I come to assign and/or convert the image, the ICC profile is not visible in the drop down menu, just the 12 profiles that came with APhoto. I am very much a novice when it comes to Photo software and Affinity suite in particular. I am perplexed (again!). 

As long as they're turned on, all adjustment layers' effects should be included in the file when you export it.

However, I personally don't embed ICC profiles in the files, I select them in the program I use to print (Canon Pro Print & Layout). That leaves you free to print on different printers and use different paper.

Not sure where you are looking. I have all my ICC profiles. (I actually get annoyed as as has all my monitor calibration profiles as well as some for papers I no longer use) But I don't want to convert my document to a print profile. I use my print profiles to soft proof but send an Adobe RGB or a ProPhoto file to the printer. (I don't print from Photo but it does want the printer profile). 

Thanks for the input.

I have a number of vintage b/w scanned in RGB Mode (no profile). I dropped them into an APub 2 file and sent the PDF for a proof with Fogra39 profile applied to the PDF. Many of the b/ws have a yellowish cast in print. I have read elsewhere suggestions to completely desaturate each image and then apply the Fogra39 profile or save them as grayscale. (I was hoping that printing b/w in four colors would produce a nicer tonal range. But I am beginning to think this is above my paygrade.)

Nickbatz, when you say 'as long as they are turned on' do you mean I should 'merge' them. (I couldn't see how else to apply the profile.)

RichardMH, I have attached two screenshots to show the menus I'm using.

If I go to grayscale then presumably all I'll be concerned about is K value? Is there a way to desaturate the RGB, then switch to grayscale while keeping the overall look of the desaturated RGB image?

Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 14.34.15.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 14.33.04.png

While we're on the subject, it would be helpful if the list of profiles had a favorites/recently used/etc. feature.

They're alphabetized, but there easily 200 of them on my system, making it hard to navigate - especially since the name of the printer comes first, and I'm now endowed with a 44" monster in addition to my preview one.

1 hour ago, nickbatz said:

While we're on the subject, it would be helpful if […]

As this topic is in the Questions forum section, it will not necessarily be read by staff.
You should post this request of feature in the Feedback section: 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/122-feedback-for-the-affinity-v2-suite-of-products/ 

Affinity Suite 2.4 – Monterey 12.7.4 – MacBookPro 14" 2021 M1 Pro 16Go/1To

I apologise for any approximations in my English. It is not my mother tongue.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:48 PM, S B C said:

Fogra39 profile

This is a CMYK profile. It will be available if you switched in the "Convert" dialog the document colour format from RGB to CMYK.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1