You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with Photoshop plugin loader

Hello, I have a problem with a specific photoshop plugin that I like. Here's my info (following the bug report scheme):

1) Affinity Photo 2.4.1
2) Yes, i just updated from 2.3.0.
3) I can reproduce it every time.
4) It happens for both new documents and loaded files.
5) Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit

I tried with hardware acceleration on and off. Same results.

I used this plugin on an RGB image (sRGB, 24 bit): https://www.robotplanet.dk/graphics/supersaturation/ and it does nothing. The preview window inside the plugin works normally though. This plugin also works fine in both Photoshop CS2, CS3 and CS5 as well as the cloud version (tested about a year ago).

I seem to recall that this plugin did work in some previous versions of Affinity Photo (2.3.0 if memory serves), but I'm not 100% sure about that.

PS: The above plugin exists in both 32 and 64 bit versions.  It is free.

That plugin doesn't seem to have any effect on my images once OK is clicked, in either 1.10.6 or 2.4.2 beta.

It just may not be compatible with Affinity Photo.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 minutes ago, chip2 said:

Affinity claims to be able to load Photoshop plugins.

Serif have never claimed that all Photoshop plugins work in Affinity Photo, some do, some don't!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad