You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding not exported text blocks or layers in Affinity Publisher

Hello,

I am preparing slides for a course using Affinity Publisher.

After giving a course, I like to leave comments for improvements for the following year.

Is it possible to add text blocks or layers that would not be exported in the export PDF?

Thank you very much,

LEB

You could use Preflight comments, or a text frame set outside of the page, directly on the canvas. 

For the Preflight comments, I found this video useful: 

Affinity Suite 2.4 – Monterey 12.7.4 – MacBookPro 14" 2021 M1 Pro 16Go/1To

I apologise for any approximations in my English. It is not my mother tongue.

You could create comments on additional Master Pages. For example:

• Just on the Master Pages themselves, not applied to any document pages.
    or
  • Applied to the document pages that need the comments, but then before Exporting you could Hide the text frames on that Master Page, which would also hide them on all the related document pages in one operation.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

56 minutes ago, Oufti said:

You could use Preflight comments, or a text frame set outside of the page, directly on the canvas. 

Very interesting idea, though it has to attach to an object and does not appear visibly on the document

I also find this strange that "Correct" [FR: Corriger], actually means "Delete" the comment.

8 minutes ago, LEB said:

it has to attach to an object and does not appear visibly on the document

If you want to see the comments in the layout window you can add text frames placed in the pasteboard area left/right of a spread.

Bildschirmfoto2024-03-26um12_57_03.jpg.669caff62611630975ad7f84214e0dd2.jpg

Or you add a complete extra page or spread for comments. I use this method when I want to keep track of different stages of a project, with a new section for correct page numbering if necessary. This way I store a layout history in just 1 .afpub (with increasing page counts over time), along with the additional pages as visual separators with my notes, customer feedback, in-/out-dates and delivered file names.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1