You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] Ɨ

About the raw files in Affinity Photo

HiĀ šŸ˜‰

How do I know if I'm on a raw file or not in AP ?
In the Exifs metadata it is not indicated.Ā 
Normally, at the very top of the file, there is a black bar with "raw" written in white.

In my photo library I have a classification of "raw + jpg" files only, and when I open some of them, this black bar with raw is not displayed.

Is it because it has already been developed?

Thanks

Ipad Affinity Photo

Whenever you open a file, Affinity will automatically enter either develop (for RAW) or photo (all other, non RAW) persona.

So check the persona.

Once you started editing or switching personas it is no longer easy to say with what file type you started.

Ā 

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Ā 

How do you open the files? For me it is more reliable to use Affinity Photo, and the ā€žimport from Photoā€œ.

If you start with Apple Photo and ā€žedit inā€œ the images are often downscaled or automatically converted to jpg.

It would help if you can provide some screenshots of the process you are using. Please ensure no sensitive information is captured, or redact those areas.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Ā 

Ok, thank you.
The RAW + JPG - are those from iPhone Camera or from a different camera vendor?
Which RAW engine do you use, Apple or Serif?

Can you upload as ZIP file and example pair of jpg+RAW image ?
Ā 

Ā 

Hi

I shot my raw+ jpg photos with a sony Nex 6, then I import then directly in the Apple folder of my ipad.

But at each time only one photo (and not two) is displayed with "jpg + raw" in the upper left cornerĀ 

Then I import these photos from Apple folder photos in Affiniy Photo app.

I donā€™t know why one canā€™t Ā see "jpg + raw" inthe upper left corner in the photo I sent to youā€¦

DSC04069.jpeg

DSC04070.zip

Ipad Affinity Photo

The iPad version of the app cannot access the raw image in a raw+jpg image, hopefully a future update will resolve this.

It is possible on iPadOS as shown in screenshot below from another iPad app, the missing functions are ā€œRevertā€ and ability to select the RAW or the JPG when editing as the desktop version can also do.

For now I recommend change camera settings to RAW only if you want to use RAW or JPG if you want the RAW developed by the camera manufacturer.

IMG_6079.jpeg

Ā 

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their toolsā€¦.

Just waiting for Ronny Pickeringā€¦..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo,Ā Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4Ā on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11ā€ onĀ iPadOS 17.4Ā 
Ā 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to findĀ https://affinity.help

Thanks PaulĀ šŸ˜‰
Ā 

It is possible on iPadOS as shown in screenshot below from another iPad app

Ā 

What is this other ipad app ?

Ipad Affinity Photo

3 hours ago, Nadar said:

Thanks PaulĀ šŸ˜‰
Ā 

Ā 

What is this other ipad app ?

Another app that is not a competitor to Affinity, more a DAM competitor to Apple Photos or Lightroom, however Iā€™m sorry but it would not be appropriate for me to mention it in these forums, I mention it solely to encourage Serif developers to look again at the Apple Photos API provided by Apple to improve the iPad apps.

Ā 

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their toolsā€¦.

Just waiting for Ronny Pickeringā€¦..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo,Ā Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4Ā on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11ā€ onĀ iPadOS 17.4Ā 
Ā 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to findĀ https://affinity.help