You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This design was created using Affinity Designer and Photo. Ehh the color and quality loss after uploading is painful and have had similar results on Pinterest. Anyway, Batman the Ride is one of the greatest coasters ever and had visited Six Flags over Texas and Great America last fall. There was no cool merch for the ride anywhere, so wanted to try and create something to do the ride justice. I created the outline using the pen tool in Designer with some vector fills to block in certain areas. I then imported the file into Affinity Photo and started coloring and adding detail with various brushes. I've had good results with the Nathan Brown brush packs. Thanks to Affinity for creating this great program, I will never go back to Adobe again. I WAS NOT commissioned by DC or Six flags to create this art. bman-fullQualityScreenShot.thumb.png.e6917d76033dc0dd4558ec6122f91af6.png

Edited by privateEyeIllustration
Image error

Nice work.  :)
About the uploading issue (color quality loss?), to both Pinterest and here... Maybe I am saying something super obvious that you already considered, but just in case: When I work with wide gamut, like in Adobe RGB color space, as many browsers are still limited to sRGB (color space which often doesn't have certain intense colors for certain neon lights, etc), they display the uploaded image poorly. What I do is I carefully convert the "flattened"  image to sRGB (leaving an intact (Affinity file) master in Adobe RGB, of course), as this typically does its best to preserve a bit of the color richness (there's loss, of course, but better handled), or a "not too bad solution". I mean, it ends better than if leaving it to a browser or external app to compensate or convert/assign. Surely you already did this, though. PNG does not carry color profile info, but with the previous (to export) conversion, the color range is anyway limited, so I guess it is fine if you convert first to sRGB in the Affinity app, and then export as PNG. Surely also if setting the sRGB profile at export time...but I like to control it, sometimes even edit it a bit once as sRGB, to fix a bit some areas. Solely for a web export, of course. In a similar way than I do sometimes for work that in the final export has to be CMYK, when it is not typical graphic design for corporate image or etc. I mean, doing the conversion at the end, and so ensuring how it will look in the  target screens or whatever media.

Again, apologies if the problem is another, or much more complex than just this.

Ehm... disregard the advice... I saw in your youtube channel that you are or have been a CAD freelancing professional. The issue must be a different one. :).

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

4 hours ago, SrPx said:

Nice work.  :)
About the uploading issue (color quality loss?), to both Pinterest and here... Maybe I am saying something super obvious that you already considered, but just in case: When I work with wide gamut, like in Adobe RGB color space, as many browsers are still limited to sRGB (color space which often doesn't have certain intense colors for certain neon lights, etc), they display the uploaded image poorly. What I do is I carefully convert the "flattened"  image to sRGB (leaving an intact (Affinity file) master in Adobe RGB, of course), as this typically does its best to preserve a bit of the color richness (there's loss, of course, but better handled), or a "not too bad solution". I mean, it ends better than if leaving it to a browser or external app to compensate or convert/assign. Surely you already did this, though. PNG does not carry color profile info, but with the previous (to export) conversion, the color range is anyway limited, so I guess it is fine if you convert first to sRGB in the Affinity app, and then export as PNG. Surely also if setting the sRGB profile at export time...but I like to control it, sometimes even edit it a bit once as sRGB, to fix a bit some areas. Solely for a web export, of course. In a similar way than I do sometimes for work that in the final export has to be CMYK, when it is not typical graphic design for corporate image or etc. I mean, doing the conversion at the end, and so ensuring how it will look in the  target screens or whatever media.

Again, apologies if the problem is another, or much more complex than just this.

Ehm... disregard the advice... I saw in your youtube channel that you are or have been a CAD freelancing professional. The issue must be a different one. :).

Thanks that's a lot of great advice, I will have to give that a try and see what the results are. I definitely think I screwed up on my end and forgot to change the ICC profile from CMYK to RGB before exporting. I got a reply from Affinity with similar suggestions. Pinterest I just have not had great results with. Regarding the youtube channel I'm not too sure about, I don't have any channel setup and just create graphics in my free time when i get a chance -maybe someone with the same profile name.. 

Sorry! I got it messed up with other user that indeed has a CAD channel in Youtube.  :D  (I was checking several works in the art gallery)

Yep, the conversions CMYK- RGB or sRGB <-> Adobe RGB can degrade color pretty badly... 

It happened to me in the past with a commercial project, it was painful (but it was a mistake made at the print company, they made a bad conversion). And I only was able to realize when I received the product, months later.... :/. Luckily, most people did not notice.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11.