You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why fill color goes back to clear after placing a second node, but the stroke color stays?

Way out on the right of the Context Toolbar is the Use Fill checkbox.

ScreenShot2024-03-16at9_59_22AM.png.549ecd34df53ce0aa6d71b449fc744da.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 minute ago, ennuied said:

I mean...

You mean what? The guillemet (‘»’) indicates that there are more options that can’t be displayed on the toolbar. You obviously either discovered that now or knew about it already, otherwise your screenshot wouldn’t show the ‘Use Fill’ popup.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

You mean what? The guillemet (‘»’) indicates that there are more options that can’t be displayed on the toolbar. You obviously either discovered that now or knew about it already, otherwise your screenshot wouldn’t show the ‘Use Fill’ popup.

Didn't know the 'guillemement' was there, didn't know 'use fill' was a feature. Alfred.

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

The guillemet (‘»’) indicates that there are more options that can’t be displayed on the toolbar

The guillemet (‘»’) indicates that there are more options that can be displayed on the toolbar

Let me think about that

l&k

An Apprentice Pedant

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

@ennuied For those of us with small screens, there are a few important toggles – such as Protect Alpha – which can drop out of view like that with certain tools. It can be easy to overlook them and, in some cases, make a mistake. You may be interested in this feedback suggestion.