You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Request to add the possibility to change both centre axis to 0 for an artboard.

Hi, I would like to be able change the artboard centre anchor to zero on the X and Y axis. So far only the X and Y axis of the upper left corner are located on the zero, but I hope it will be possible to set other anchor points at this position as well. Thanks in advance. 

IMG_5647.jpeg

More details about this request can be found in this earlier topic:

Affinity Suite 2.4 – Monterey 12.7.4 – MacBookPro 14" 2021 M1 Pro 16Go/1To

I apologise for any approximations in my English. It is not my mother tongue.

2 hours ago, Rivvie said:

Hi, I would like to be able change the artboard centre anchor to zero on the X and Y axis. So far only the X and Y axis of the upper left corner are located on the zero, but I hope it will be possible to set other anchor points at this position as well. Thanks in advance. 

Perhaps I am missing your point, but you can relocated 0, 0 by dragging the dim indicator to the center with snapping turned on. The 0, 0 will remain at the center.

Screen-0014.jpg

Screen-0016.jpg

Ah thank you. When I initially tried it, the axis keeps showing 2500. So I assumed it was not working. But I tried it again and the square object indeed has the centre anchor on 0 axis.  But the centre anchor of the artboard still states 2500. Maybe it just is bug.

IMG_5652.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Rivvie said:

But the centre anchor of the artboard still states 2500. Maybe it just is bug.

I see the same thing here on Mac OS 12.7.4. I am thinking that it is a bug, but then again Artboards are odd regarding the x, y co-ordinates for themselves.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

50 minutes ago, DonC123 said:

Perhaps I am missing your point, but you can relocated 0, 0 by dragging the dim indicator to the center with snapping turned on. The 0, 0 will remain at the center.

That works with a canvas (as you have) but not with an Artboard in my experience. And I think that's by design (the uper-left corner of each Artboard is 0/0).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

11 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

That works with a canvas (as you have) but not with an Artboard in my experience. And I think that's by design (the uper-left corner of each Artboard is 0/0).

Yes, I accidentally showed a canvas, but I just tried in an art board and it works just as it should when I tried. I use art board most of the time and after an alt drag to make a copy, the copied art board also maintains the o, 0 at the center.

I am using the desktop version 2.4.0 installed via the exe method, if that makes a difference

Screen-0017.jpg

17 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I see the same thing here on Mac OS 12.7.4. I am thinking that it is a bug, but then again Artboards are odd regarding the x, y co-ordinates for themselves.

Yes artboards are odd. But I do have to say they are a bit odder and finicky on the (Ipad) Affinity Designer than with Illustrator ‘:}. But still great.

14 minutes ago, DonC123 said:

Yes, I accidentally showed a canvas, but I just tried in an art board and it works just as it should when I tried. I use art board most of the time and after an alt drag to make a copy, the copied art board also maintains the o, 0 at the center.

I am using the desktop version 2.4.0 installed via the exe method, if that makes a difference

Ah silly of me I did not update the Ipad app. But sadly the issue still remains. Perhaps it works on the desktop version.

26 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Hopefully it will be possible soon. And hopefully it will be possible to change it in the transform tab. I find that much natural than using the rulers ‘:}.