You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text wrapping in Affinity Publisher

Please see the screenshot attached. How do I get the text to start right from the top of the image? I tried to use the text wrap feature, but I was not able to move the image properly using the Move tool. 

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 11.40.40 pm.png

If the image is pinned inline, the image will be on the text's baseline and the second line of text will be below the image. Text Wrap won't make a difference. If you want to have multiple lines of text to the right of the image, and for the text to start at the top of the column, pin the image with Float instead of Inline. Then you can use Text Wrap.

Good luck

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

2 hours ago, bbrother said:

That's exactly what I am looking for but it just won't work at my end like that. The image doesn't move and the Move tool also changes shape to a slanted pointer. I spent hours yesterday to get it sorted, and now I've gone ahead and closed the project without the wrap :( I will come back here later with a video screenshot if I have time. But I thank you so much for taking the time to post your video! It's very helpful.

6 hours ago, mdesigns said:

The image doesn't move and the Move tool also changes shape to a slanted pointer.

I can't be sure.

But in your screenshot I see a light blue rectangle behind the image.
I think the reason the cursor changes to like this Node_tool_icon.png.9eb520bad83e96041139c57d67301147.png is because you accidentally double-click on the shape.

The latest version introduced a feature where double clicking on the shape switches the user from the move tool to the node tool, and double clicking again switches back from the move tool to the node tool.

Try to see if thats the cause. Try to see if that's the cause. And for two elements like image and rectangle behind it would be good to group them first.