You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trying do kaleidoscope effect several problems with it.

I use WIndows. Trying do kaleidoscope rotating pieces 90degre goed rounded to 90.00001 degrees etc also some other rounding issues. maybe reason why pie pieces what i used not do it match together perfectly there is tiny gap beetween them i done one what fills 190mm circle. this tiny gap print as well.

41 minutes ago, MxHeppa said:

rotating pieces 90degre goed rounded to 90.00001 degrees etc

Are you rotating the pieces freehand? You can constrain the angle to exactly 90° by holding down the Shift key on your keyboard while rotating the selected piece on the canvas, or you can go to the Transform panel and type the desired value in the Rotation box.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Are you rotating the pieces freehand? You can constrain the angle to exactly 90° by holding down the Shift key on your keyboard while rotating the selected piece on the canvas, or you can go to the Transform panel and type the desired value in the Rotation box.

I rotated them with transform panel. and some cases like this 90 step is suitable but not this current one is suitable is 30 degree. and i typed value and it changed to this other. and 90 is start positon angle. then others are different amounts of 30 degrees from orignal postion like one is 30 from it ,next is 60 and third is 90 etc. also pie size is 30.00003 even i entered 30. is this almost like opposite rounding.

Also  tried use Inkscape do mirroring no luck. i mean not do it whole document but selected object what not of course this kind case not fill whole document. is terrible. i hope we get this working better someday. i also dont want buy other programs allready is not cheap keep all your programs in recent versions.

Try this. You can put any layers as child into the top most curve layer.

IMG_1094.png

kaleidoskop.afdesign

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Nice exactly not what i try do. i have different what i try do and problem is rotation and pie piece size precision gets odd decimals. i dont know how well shows here but i printed problems shows even my laser printer. what i mean shows i bet even more with printed with digital press and etc.

tulos_nykyään.png

the only issue I can spot is the seam line between the pie form segments. This is currently unavoidable due to anti-aliasing used by Affinity. I intentionally put a channels mixer adjustment in my example file which corrects this issue. 

See 

In case you have a different issue, please provide screenshots showing the numbers you have talked before.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.