You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Labels too small to read

Welcome to the forums @pussnbooks, Sadly this is one of the interface problems that people have been asking for (Larger Fonts) for yonks and so far there has been no change. Apparently we just have to live with it. [resigned sigh emoticon]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

It would be remiss of me to not at least mention the User Preference for "Larger Font" which I personally find to be still too small. At least here on Mac OS.

ScreenShot2024-03-07at6_37_28AM.png.83736e84bbf62b1f471c0fd834ec1e15.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Posted (edited)

Thank you Old Bruce.

It is disappointing they haven't responded to requests for larger fonts.

I am on Windows 11. Any chance you can tell me where to find the user interface? Or how to look it up? 
EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Apparently UI Font Size is not available on Widows.

Edited by pussnbooks
Updated info

When using the Area Tool, the value being measured is also shown in the Context Toolbar, which is a little bit larger, but not by a whole lot.

If you cannot see the Context Toolbar then you can use menu “View → Show Context Toolbar”.

image.thumb.png.db87b2705b97ddfe25e68d0a3c8891b3.png

2 minutes ago, GarryP said:

When using the Area Tool, the value being measured is also shown in the Context Toolbar, which is a little bit larger, but not by a whole lot.

Why is one labelled ‘Length’ and the other labelled ‘Perimeter’? They’re not necessarily the same thing! The term ‘Perimeter’ is very specific, so it probably shouldn’t be used here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

As I understand it, the Area Tool lets you measure parts of the shapes using different modes so the Perimeter value in the Context Toolbar may show a different value if more than one ‘bit’ of the shape has been selected for measurement.

I think, in this example, the Length is the length of the particular ‘bit’ the mouse pointer is over but the Perimeter is all of the ‘bits’ that have been selected, or something like that, I don't use that tool much.