You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Deleting Table Format reliably crashes Affinity Publisher V2

When I attempt to delete a table format, the application crashes. It does not seem to happen in a new document.

I've uploaded the file.

I'm on Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1.
Hardware Acceleration is on.
I expected the Table Format to delete, but instead the application crashes.
Recipe: I created and formatted a table. I made a Table Format based on that table. I realized that the Table Format was not storing all the data properly, so I deleted the format. The application summarily crashed.

I've been running into a lot of crashes and weird performance issues, so I think maybe there's something wrong with my book and/or files. I'm very frustrated.

AA_PT03_Gear.afpub

Hi @Demonskunk,

This looks very similar to AF-2142 which was reported recently...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

• Staff

Thanks for your report @Demonskunk!

As above, our team are aware of an issue with the Default Table Style that can incorrectly offer a Delete option, and selecting this crashes Publisher.

It appears as though if this Default Format is in the 'broken' state and a Copy of the Format is created, deleting the copy also causes this crash - which I believe is the behaviour you're experiencing.

I'm updating the development log with this information now and we're working to resolve this crash asap.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

The issue "Tables: Update from Selection on Default format enables 'Delete' causing app to crash when deleting format" (REF: AF-2142) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.4.2.2356".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.