You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

macOS maximize -> restore window toggle doesn't work (Sonoma)

"Maximize a window: Press and hold the Option key while you click the green button  in the top-left corner of an app window. To return to the previous window size, Option-click the button again." Doesn't work.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp2469/mac

Thanks to @PepGold for finding out.

Example:

Microsoft Word:

• Green button = full screen - no visible title bar or menu
  • Option + green button = maximised window, visible title bar
  • Option + green button again = restores previous size

Affinity:

• Green button = full screen - no visible title bar or menu
  • Option + green button = maximised window, visible title bar
  • Option + green button again = does not restore previous size

macOS Sonoma 14.3.1, M1

Experienced Quality Assurance Manager - I strive for excellence in complex professional illustrations through efficient workflows in modern applications, supporting me in achieving my and my colleagues' goals through the most achievable usability and contemporary, easy-to-use user interfaces.

Just to add:
It works on Ventura as of v2.3.1 and 2.4.0.2294 but the "traffic light" buttons don't show the × - + symbols on hover.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• Staff

Hi Bit Dissapointed, 

Can I confirm the window is being resized and not just repositioned? I'm only able to recreate this when the window has just been moved and not resized Which is normal behaviour for Mac OS windows across the board.

Lee

6 hours ago, Lee_T said:

Can I confirm the window is being resized and not just repositioned? I'm only able to recreate this when the window has just been moved and not resized Which is normal behaviour for Mac OS windows across the board.

Ignore the observation, it makes sense what I'm seeing today, so my mistake. However, I can also note that hovering over the three window controls does not activate an icon inside them, as it does in the recent files dialog, for example.

Experienced Quality Assurance Manager - I strive for excellence in complex professional illustrations through efficient workflows in modern applications, supporting me in achieving my and my colleagues' goals through the most achievable usability and contemporary, easy-to-use user interfaces.