You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher V2 login not working when the app starts

I have uninstalled my V2 and reinstalled it 2 times today due to some past problem which later i've resolved. 
I am now opening the application one again but it doesn't work because it asks me to login in, which i'm doing it correctly but it keeps saying "try later".

I have even tried to change my password, restarting my computer, and uninstall and reinstall it...
Nothing work.
it just says "try later"

Are you using an adblocker or connecting via a VPN?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

@Alfred no, no vpn. i can try to log in with the browser closed. 
i logged already in the app like 3/4 hours ago. the uninstalled it for the 3rd time today due to other problems which i managed to resolve. 
in all of that mess of today i also deleted the temp and %temp% files multiple times, but everytime the dekstop app continued to work. 

And now this....
Today is a very frustrating day for me.

• Staff

Hi Emanuele a,

Please navigate to the following path depending on the version of the app you are using. If you are unsure its likely you are using the default MSIX version.
Affinity Store (EXE, MSI):
%APPDATA%\Affinity\Common\2.0\
Affinity Store (MSIX):
%USERPROFILE%\.affinity\Common\2.0\
In the 2.0 folder you should see a licence.dat and/or cs.dat file(s) please delete these and then try activating the app.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

@Callum i tried, unfortunately no success. Before trying i uninstalled and reinstalled the app once again.
i tried to login without doing anything and it kept saying "try later"
i then tried your advice, i deleted the license.dat and the cs.dat
i opened the app
the login screen came up, i inserted my data, and it keeps saying "try later"....

I still have the cs.json in the C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Common\2.0

@Callum i do also have a file called ipc.dat in that folder if it might help you....

Btw this whole mess is very strange..... i had a completely different problem this morning with rendering a pdf, which for i have opened another topic here and then i resolved.
And now this.........

This last problem happened after i've tried to open the last version of the pdf i was trying to export this morning, which is very large, 1.65gb.
with the other versions Edge was slow in opening them but it worked everytime. 
This last time the pc went to the blue screen error ui, it restarted, and after that i have this problem in logging in while the app opens....

i don't know if it can helps but i am using Opera browser with no vpn.

How about your Anti-Virus or Anti-malware programs, or any Firewall programs you have active?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

hello @walt.farrell ! I don't think so, i have the regular windows firewall defender and virus protection, no any other programs. 
The strange thing is that this morning (italian time) it was working, with the other problem you helped me with. 
And i logged in 2 times this morning. 
Now all of a sudden after the blue screen i mentioned before, it's not functioning.

GOOD NEWS UPDATE: 

So:
yesterday night (italian time) i tried to uninstall once again V2 from my pc. I then tried to install it on a different pc, and it worked just fine.
This morning i saw Affinty support email response to my problem.
Before proceeding with their instructions i deleted everything from the other pc, uninstalled the program, cleaned the %appdata% and %userprofile% and also the temp, and %temp% folder from everything by Affinity.

I then reinstalled the MSIX version on my pc and this time the login worked with no problems, even before following their instruction.

I do report them for everyone that in the future might read this topic

--------------------

MSIX
  1. Close all Affinity apps
  2. Open Windows Run (Windows Key + R)
  3. Enter/paste the following:
  4. In this folder select 'license.dat' file and 'cs.dat', then delete both.
  5. Launch the Affinity applications
EXE
  1. Close all Affinity apps
  2. Open Windows Run (Windows Key + R)
  3. Enter/paste the following:
    In this folder select 'license.dat' file and 'cs.dat', then delete both.
  4. Launch the Affinity applications
You should hopefully now find this error no longer appears and you are able to sign into your Affinity ID as expected.
---------------------

Probably it didn't worked for me yesterday as suggested by @Callum because i deleted the 'license.dat' and the 'cs.dat' from the %APPDATA% folder for the MSIX version, instead of doing it in the %USERPROFILE% folder. 
i probably got confused by 
16 hours ago, Callum said:

(EXE, MSI): <---this part
Affinity Store (MSIX):

BUT no problem!!! i don't blame anyone at all :)

Fortunately now it worked just fine and it has been a relief!!
Thank you very much to everyone for the help!!! :) @Callum @walt.farrell @Alfred 

have a good day