You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"failed to load document..."

Hi there - this is an image I have worked on for a few months now. It is one of hundreds that are similar. But this one has become corrupted in some way, which is kind of depressing. Is there any way I can recover it? I work in Windows, the latest Affinity V2 photo. It is saved on my hard drive. The affinity version is 2.3.1. I will say that the images have been getting harder to edit - slow and sluggish - and I have a very high powered DELL precision laptop. Attached, screenshot of the notificaton I get when I attempt to open in. Help appreciated.

failed to load.jpg

Can you upload the Affinity APhoto document to the forum?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

2 hours ago, SandraS said:

It's 5.2 GB - not sure I even have that space in Dropbox - but UI can clear stuff out and try via a link - would that work?

Staff might be able to help and if they can they'll provide a link, etc, that you could upload to.

Hi Lee. Well I have started editing the image again. The image was generated by scanning plants arranged face down on a flatbed scanner. They are scanned as TIFs and then edited formerly in Photoshop, now Affinity. The images are ~1 GB when scanned, but during editing, Affinity has this thing where the size of the document gets bigger with every editing session. Currently my re-edit of this is blowing up to 8GB, and the editing, via a Wacom Tablet, is becoming extremely sluggish and slow. I'm afraid it is going to get corrupted again. The computer I have is a Dell Precision business machine laptop - about as powerful as you can get. It seems to me Affinity should be able to handle these images, but perhaps it's just getting too big. How to keep the file from bloating so much? Attaching a pic of current editing to show you what I do - I blow the image up to 400% and repaint the details in with the clone tool. You can see here I am outlining a section to fill in with RGB 000 black.

editing.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey Lee. I started editing the document again. Saved multiple files so haven't lost as much this time, but near completion, the file has become corrupted again. 

The image is scanned from an Epson scanner at 1200 dpi. I need to zoom to about 400% to edit. Why is Affinity choking on this? I have a Dell precision with 32 GB ram, 2.5 GHZ processor. It should be able to handle it. I do not want to go back to Photoshop. What is the problem?