You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: How to apply color correction to all pages/objects?

Hi,

I have a PDF with scans from an old book. Unfortunately all 240 pages yellow/brownish. Imported in Publisher every page has one object: the picture of the page. Now I would like to apply a color correction to all pages. Is there an easy way to do this?

What I stumbled upon is: in the dialog box for tone mapping there is an "Add Preset" button but I didn't find a button to "Apply preset". Anyway - would still be a tough task for 240 pages ...

image.png.7b901dbd36fe971ee627d6dfc5d7945a.png

The histogram lets me assume the source images are pure greyscale and do not show any colors?

Ate the pages simply one image per page, all same size?

Then I would batch-convert the images with Photo and convert them to grey/8, and repeat the import process.

You may need to apply a curve adjustment to balance tones.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

This allows to add master pages on top 

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

1 hour ago, Andreas S said:

I didn't find a button to "Apply preset"

Oddly, this appears in the Adjustment Panel only, not accessible via Layers Panel.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

You can apply a desired F/X (like on the clip below, drop shadow and decrease of saturation) on an image and then apply that style in one go by selecting all images in the publication:

Note that you can similarly remove F/X in one go from all images by removing them from one image, then selecting all image, and copy pasting the F/X.

Here's the result when exported to press PDF:

image.png.565a59ff38e1c76957c087052d8f647c.png