You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

red line around text

hello i am new to affinity. I have a red line around the text that i have written. it is not a spelling issue. i have obviously inadvertently done something but whenever i try a different text box the same issue appears. can anyone tell me what’s up? thank you. 

Screenshot? 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

It could be a stroke assigned to the text style, or just an interface item ("Show snapping candidates").

Unfortunately you don't show your entire screen with panels and Context Toolbar and the object selected in the Layers panel … which would indicate more clear what you have setup.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Check the Stroke Colour to see if that is set to red.

Note: Full-screen screenshots are much better for problem diagnosis.

Note: There are three Affinity applications; telling us which one you are using will help to get you quicker answers.

41 minutes ago, allone said:

hello i am new to affinity. I have a red line around the text that i have written. it is not a spelling issue. i have obviously inadvertently done something but whenever i try a different text box the same issue appears. can anyone tell me what’s up? thank you. 

It always helps to name and know the Affinity app (APh, ADe, APub) and OS your are concrete using. Also a full app window screenshot which shows possibly selected top button options, like enabled Snapping (for snapping candidates) in this case.

So my guess is, it's probably also for your text due to enabled snapping candidates, see therefor also ...

Further a simple websearch on/for the forum contents after ...

... will show you similar question threads with possible solution answers.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2