You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

move/duplicate dialog duplicating not respect point what i selected point rotation middle point why?

move/duplicate dialog duplicating not respect point what i selected point rotation middle point why ? when its respects makes easy do tear (premade adjustable vector shape) based flowers but now is impossible. power duplicate respects. but not this.

Do you mean that you're getting the result as shown at the top, rather than the bottom version? (Assuming this is what you're asking about.)

image.png.90075047dd9cc4af99da69ba47c84da3.png

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• Staff

Hi @MxHeppa,

I take it you are setting a Rotation Point and the Move/Duplicate window is ignoring that?  If so, I've tried replicating this and haven't been able to as of yet.  If you could provide a screen recording of your workflow that may help us see whats happening :) 

i moved transform panel point what meaned use rotation no luck but when i move this tiny element itself rotates arround it. is bery bad if works only this way becouse is so hard put exact position even more when shapes are vectors. and i feel transform panel respection worked earlier way what i expect. and i understanded place where is 9 rectangles one what is active is bigger? and white one is default one.

Also Distance parameter needs thinking is some way different than horizontal and vertical postioning even is not original topic does anyone give simple answer how is techbically differs? i seen quick tests how it affects but when understand fully its point i can use it better as well.

As you seem to have discovered, you have to set the rotation point on the object itself, not in the Transform Panel. I find that if you use Guides and Snapping there is no problem positioning the rotation point accurately.

The Distance setting moves both Horizontal and Vertical settings so that both work together, rather than having to use both settings to fine tune the distance between objects.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

guides seem active only speffic places no drop shape side lines. left and right curved parts point shows guide also middle point on bottom and top one drop. not all points border of object is possible archive this?