You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo layers lost

I seem to have dragged the layers drop down menu out of my Affinity Photo, in Apple IOS, on my MacBook Pro.

There is now only Adjustments, Effects, Styles, Stock. The layers is no longer visible. I do not see an option in view or any of the other menus. How can I bring it back. I have already closed the program and re-opened. 

I guess Apple IOS is different. There is not an option:  Window > Layers  to reactivate. There is an option that says "Replace Tiled Window", but it is light, not an option to use. 

I tried Separated mode, and all the windows separated and I could see once again layers. When I brought the windows back together, it disappeared once again. At least I can keep it as a separate mode to see the layers, but it's not ideal way to work. Any other suggestions? Maybe someone who has a Mac? Thanks for trying. 

Here are the options in a screen shot: 

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 2.27.25 PM.png

3 minutes ago, Patrick M said:

I guess Apple IOS is different

First, iOS is only for iPhones, add far as I know. If you're on a Mac, you would have macOS.

If you don't have Window > Layers, are you perhaps running V1 of your Affinity application rather than V2? In V1 it would be View > Studio > Layers

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I believe I have V1, since I see View>Studio>Layers. The Affinity Windows are still separate, finally able to bring the Windows back together, and choose the option, View>Studio>Layers, which was unchecked when it it together as one window. As separate windows it was checked. Thanks. 

How can I update the program to V2, or is that an additional cost? 

9 minutes ago, Patrick M said:

How can I update the program to V2, or is that an additional cost? 

It's a separate purchase.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Posted (edited)

I thought Affinity prided itself for having one price after purchasing. Now it's another purchase each time to upgrade. Unlike Apple and many other apps. Hopefully there is a discount for owning the previous version! Thanks

At least it's not monthly, like Adobe

Edited by Patrick M

58 minutes ago, Patrick M said:

Now it's another purchase each time to upgrade.

No, it's not. With V1 you got releases 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, and 1.10 (and intervening smaller releases) for 1 purchase price. That was more than 6 years of updates without additional charges, for early purchasers.

V2 is a separate purchase, but has already provided 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, and soon will be having a beta of 2.4, again all for 1 purchase price. We don't know how many years it will be before V3 arrives, but when it does it will require another purchase if you want it.

You can upgrade to V2, or not. It's your choice. All the updates within V2 will be "at no extra charge", just as all the updates within V1 were.

-- Walt
PC:

1 hour ago, Patrick M said:

Hopefully there is a discount for owning the previous version!

If you purchase a Universal license (all 3 applications, on all 3 OSes) then you can get a 25% discount. Otherwise, no discount unless you purchase during one of the infrequent sales.

-- Walt
PC: