You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Win10 PC
I know you don't have the better LR versions (before subscriptions 😇) however I feel this would not have changed.

Work flow I have to used :( > Lr5 export as tif to Edit folder > open into AP from Edit folder >save back to Edit as Tiff > import into Lr5 .
The Problem : a colour / black and white file has slightly less contrast than file in Lr5
There is no difference (I can see)  between sRGB and Adobe RGB1998 --- usually export from Lr5 as 16bit tif sRGB
In all honestly its not a big deal for my something to photos ; mostly curiosity if I have something else wrong
Is there a recommend colour space --- typical of online it's gets too complicated with all the variations suggested

Where is it losing contrast during that workflow?

• Is the initial TIFF you export from LR OK, but loses contrast when Opening it in Affinity Photo?
    or
  • Is it OK when you Open in Photo, but loses contrast when you Save it back?
    (And if that's it, can you see the difference if you reopen the Saved TIFF in Photo, or only in LR? Does it improve if you Export, rather than Saving?)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

14 hours ago, ianrb said:

There is no difference (I can see)  between sRGB and Adobe RGB1998 --- usually export from Lr5 as 16bit tif sRGB
(…)
Is there a recommend colour space --- typical of online it's gets too complicated with all the variations suggested

Regarding "recommend colour space": there is RGB only, LR doesn't support Grayscale, CMYK or LAB. – Sorry I don't know the answer but can rather 'sugguess' only:

• Does your comparison with "Adobe RGB1998" refer to the entire workflow (set & used in both apps)?

Also I wonder if a known issue in Affinity with the common default "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" profile might matter (while I am not sure if it affects profile/colour conversion only): https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/190671-on-screen-differences-between-profile-conversion-soft-proofing/
––> https://www.color.org/srgbprofiles.xalter

• Could the setting in APhoto > Preferences > Colour > Rendering Intent / > Black Point Compensation  influence this?

It seems there is/was no Rendering Intent option for LR: https://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/71029/in-lightroom-how-do-you-specify-perceptual-or-relative-when-exporting-image

• Does the visual deviation increase if you repeat the procedure with an affected file (LR > APh > LR > APh > LR)?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 2 weeks later...