You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am exploring AP in the event that PS CS6 somehow becomes unusable.  Although that seems rather unlikely, one never knows.  I will admit that I haven't had a lot of time to devote to this exploration, but I have found a few features that could be improved, in my opinion.  However, since my business involves a lot of printing, I will concentrate on this issue for now.  My first question is this - what is managing colour, the printer or AP?  If it is indeed the printer, that would rule out this app for my purposes, since I require a colour managed system, all the way to the printer.  However, if AP is managing the colour, why am I not able to choose a printer/paper profile?  Of course it is possible that I have missed a step in the print dialog, but this is something I do many times a day, so I think that possibility is unlikely.  If I have somehow missed a step in my haste, I would appreciate your input.

Thank you,

Have you looked at the options in the Document menu for "Assign ICC profile..."  & "Convert ICC Profile..."?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.5.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

As near as I can determine,  setting these options in "Document" are an akin to "Soft Proofing" in Photoshop/Lightroom and have no direct relationship to my previous question.  The two images I am using for this test are one from Bill Atkinson and one from Digital Outback.  These images are meant to be used for evaluating the printing/colour management workflow and they should not be manipulated in any way before printing.  However, the printer must NOT be managing the colour and the proper paper/printer profile must be selected in the printer driver.  As I mentioned previously, there is no facility for selecting a paper/printer profile in the printer driver associated with AP, and in that respect the printing pipeline seems to be incomplete.

As far as setting the options in the AP Prefs is concerned, that is simply another way of setting the colour space in which one would work.  Again, not related to my original question.  To repeat, the final step in printing is the Printer Driver, and that's where the Paper Profile is selected.  However, in AP there is no facility for that setting in the Printer Driver.  And also again, if I have somehow overlooked that setting in the Printer Driver, please advise.  Following are the two images I referred to that I frequently use to evaluate the print system.

Thank you.

post-24452-0-84011600-1460556594_thumb.jpg

post-24452-0-99626400-1460556602_thumb.jpg

Hi Garnick, do you not have an option to use ColorSync in the Color Matching options on the print menu? I've attached a screen grab of my print dialogue to show you, hope it helps.

Thank you, you nailed it!  Not sure why I hadn't explored that, but of course it's not a part of the print dialog I would ever need to go to when printing from PS.  All of that info is set elsewhere, so no need to do it in that location.  One more question.  It would seem that Color Match/Color Sync is not a "sticky" selection.  In other words, it has to be reset for every image sent to the printer.  Is there a way to save that as part of the printer dialog?  Seems to be a rather circuitous path with a few hurdles along the way.  I do understand that there are still some growing pains in AP, so perhaps I should add this to the "Requests" forum.

Thanks again, much appreciated.